Donnerstag, 29. Januar 2015

HERMÈS in Munich: Reasonable price?


Tuesday and Wednesday I took part in a Train the Trainer workshop in Munich.

Now I'm capable of holding workshop meetings. How cool is that?

At Munich Airport, I had some time to kill, so I did some window shopping.

As Lufthansa's shopping area is packed with luxury brand shops, I took the chance to check out the windows of the HERMÈS shop.


Here's what left me baffled:

A sweater for 2280 Euros???

Trousers or 900 Euros???

What's wrong with you, people of HERMÈS?

I'd never, never, never (even if I was a billionaire) spend that much money on a sweater or trousers.

Where's the correlation between fabric, value, brand and price?


What do you think?




Kommentare:

  1. Hermès belongs to those brands whose costumers don't forcingly take satisfaction in wearing a high quality product rather than in belonging to those people able to afford something of Hermès at all. The prices and waiting lists (sic!) for their handbags speak for themselves.
    Even if quality does have it's price, honest gentlemen of style will always prefer well made vintage clothing bought for a song to a mere symbol of vain status whose only traits are the price paid for.

    I thank you for this your posting. You have proven yourself once again a gentleman of style and defender of common sense. I salute you.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Hermès ist ein Marke für Angeber und Leute, die nicht wissen, wohin mit ihrem Geld (z.B. die Sprösslinge arabischer Ölscheichs).

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. @Alex:
    Thank you for your comment and your kind words.
    They say "You can't go wrong with a Hermès tie". But to me, most of their designs are over the top, like screaming: "Look at me! I'm Hermès!".
    Like you said, I'd go vintage Hermès only, if I had to.

    When it comes to fragrances, it's the opposite: Their scents are quite extraordinary and awesome.

    @Anon:
    Man hat wirklich den Eindruck, da gebe ich Dir recht. Aber irgendwie kann ich diese Preispolitik nachvollziehen. Wenn Du eine Superluxusmarke bist, kannst Du nen Kaschmirpulli nicht für nur 800 Euro verkaufen. Das wäre dann zwar teuer, aber kein Luxus.

    Wir Normalsterblichen können darüber nur den Kopf schütteln, denn ab einem gewissen Punkt wird's absolut bizarr.
    Danke für Deinen Kommentar.

    AntwortenLöschen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...