Many children (every age!) put a boot called Nikolaus-Stiefel (Nikolaus boot) outside the front door on the night of 5 December.
St. Nicholas fills the boot with gifts and sweets overnight, and at the same time checks up on the children to see if they were good, polite and helpful the last year. If they were not, they will have a stick (Eine Rute) in their boots instead.
This Nikolaus, my Mum had a special present for me: A "Piccadilly Tea Time Hamper" from "The British Shop".
- "Shortbread Fingers" and "Belgian Chocolate Chunk Biscuits" by Walkers/Scottland
- "6 Tea Cakes" by Tunnock's
- "Chocolate Mints Crisps" by Bendicks
- "Twinings Tea Selection"
- a small bottle (0,375 l) Amontillado-Sherry "Los Arcos" by Emilio Lustau
- "After Dinner Mints" by Ross's of Edinburgh
- "Toffees" by Walker's Nonsuch
- 4 small jars of jam and Marmalade by Wilkin & Sons Ltd.
Here's today's get-up:
|Herringbone Tweed Jacket, Tattersall shirt and merino sweater vest. This get-up begs for a tie!|
|Wheat-coloured corduroy trousers|