Sonntag, 31. Juli 2011

Aachen: German history at its best.

Dear readers,

not much about fashion this week: Too much work and bad weather conditions in Düsseldorf are to blame. Or only me in the end? Who knows.

So this weekend, we decided to pay a visit to my wife's relatives in Belgium.
Before that we spent some hours in Aachen. Amazing city, with loads of German history, especially Karl der Große or Charlemagne (742 – 814).

Here are a few impressions of the Cathedral Treasury:



Charlemagne's real bones in this relic.




Shot without flash or tripod with my Nikkor AF-S DX 35mm f/1.8 G.

Kommentare:

  1. That bling must be every rappers wet dream...

    Just kidding, great stuff and nice post!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. @LSS: You gotta see the rest of the photos. Bling all over the place!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. What's up Mike? No more blogging? You're missed!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Hi LSS, nice to hear that some folks do miss me :-)

    To be honest: I don't have the time to stroll through the streets of Düsseldorf during my lunch break. Too much work to do.
    And on the other hand too much pressure forcing myself to grab the camera and walk the streets.

    No photos, no blogging, 'cause this blog is about sharing real people's style with my readers.

    But I still read a lot of blogs!

    Maybe I'll switch to tumblr.

    I'm still here :-)

    AntwortenLöschen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...